"Extremely informative and very relevant"
Presented by Lois Alexander and Simon Allen, this course seeks, through practical examples to help define the category of claimant arising from a fatal accident/illness and explain how the claim is then valued under the Law Reform and Fatal Accident Acts.
From the initial meeting with the distraught family through the items of loss and expense to a full consideration of the application of the Ogden Tables and how to produce a schedule of losses in both 'lost years' and fatal cases, the course will provide a complete education in this complicated area of PI practice.
Further topics include:
- nervous shock
- who is a 'primary victim'?
- the application of the control tests to rescuers, participants and relations
- assessing quantum
- a practical example of a fatal case
- use of the most recent Ogden Tables 2011
- assessing the multiplier and multiplicand
Plus much more...