Accidents at work
Back or spinal injuries
Head or brain injuries
NHS or private health claims
Road traffic accidents
About Mike Bird
I’m a specialist and highly experienced serious injury lawyer. I only act for injured people or their loved ones and have done so for 25 years.
I am also an Assistant Coroner, investigating unnatural deaths and conducting inquests, in Derby and also in Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon.
I mainly represent people and families whose lives have been seriously disrupted by significant injury to the brain, spine, eyes or major body systems. I also support families where a loved one has died through negligence.
I also represent groups of claimants, for example, I acted for over 200 women injured by disgraced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist Rob Jones at Royal Cornwall Hospitals 1991-2012.
- Achieved law degree at University of Nottingham in 1989
- Recognised as a ‘leader in the field’ by Legal 500 and Chambers UK legal directories since 1997
- Assistant Coroner Derby 2003
- Assistant Coroner Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon 2017
- The Lawyer "Hot 100" 2017
- AvMA Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel member
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)Accredited Specialist Panel member, Senior Litigator
What does this mean?
Senior Litigator, Clinical Negligence Specialist
Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA), Headway - The brain injury association, Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
If you are willing, we would be grateful if you can leave a few contact details. We would only get in touch to follow up on the service provided (which helps us to maintain our high standards), or if you have requested a call back by the lawyer.
Type of injury
High Water House