"Very knowledgeable on subject and comprehensive notes"
"Both excellent. Very clear, thorough and clearly knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the course content. Highly recommended!"
Nicholas Bevan and Daniel Easton will deliver a comprehensive A to Z guide to running successful asbestos disease claims from start to finish.
This intensive one-day course is aimed at trainees and practitioners wanting to re-skill themselves in this highly technical area of industrial disease practice so they can master the intricacies of running an asbestos disease claim. The course is also suited to existing industrial disease specialists and team leaders seeking to refresh and update their know-how and expertise in this fast developing field of practice.
This course will cover:
- use of asbestos and the diseases it causes
- evolving awareness of the hazard, proving foresight, variable standards for liability
- de minimis exposure, asymptomatic diseases and low value claims (including the EL portal)
- the latest on the special causation rules for mesothelioma and lung cancer
- tracing defendants and insurers
- which insurer is liable for historic exposure, apportionment
- the Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme
- limitation issues, the ID Pre action protocol and the Meso Practice Direction
- tips on preparing statements and other evidence
- quantum and state benefits
- update on reforms and latest cases