This webinar picks up on some of the cases from our ever popular PI update series and also reviews how to deal with some of the procedural pitfalls in occupiers’ and public liability claims.
Presented by APIL president Brett Dixon this will cover:
- What are the building blocks for success in an OL case?
- Danger on the premises – is that subjectively or objectively assessed?
- What should occupier do when they identify a danger?
- How does the law treat children in such circumstances and in relation to contributory negligence?
- What you need to know about s4 of the Defective Premises Act 1972.
- Does the court approach a defect under it differently to under the Occupiers Liability Act?
- The factors taken in to account and how the test works under the DPA in practice.
- Success on a Highways Act case in the Court of Appeal!
- How systems work under s58(1) of the Highways Act 1980
- Weekend and out of hours cover
- Dealing with category 1 defects
- Codes of practice
- Reports of danger by the public to a highways authority
- Systems of inspection in relation to trees on land adjacent to roadways
- What happens to a defendant who attempts to lie to avoid liability
- Where can you get evidence on what is an appropriate period between inspections