This course presented by Cenric Clement-Evans and APIL president, Brett Dixon carries on from the success of the previous series and will cover all the latest cases, and provide a full update on developments in statute and regulations affecting this area.
The course will be visiting 8 locations nationwide and the day will be packed with up to date material including:
- PTSD and psychiatric harm in an employers liability context
- The latest on vicarious liability from the Supreme Court
- What is a workplace and what is work equipment?
- How causation works in cases of alleged poor maintenance
- Hindsight and contributory negligence
- Risk assessment and manual handling
- Apportionment of damages in psychiatric harm cases
- Damages where harm caused by the employers behaviour subsequent to the incident
- Risk assessment in a business and the interaction with persons other than employees
- An update on fire safety in construction
- Breach of statutory duty
- Contributory negligence and strict statutory duties
- TUPE transfers
- When is a work vehicle covered by the requirement for compulsory insurance?
- S33 Limitation Act 1980 guidance
- Contributory negligence in an employer's liability context