Join JPIL editorial board member and APIL President Brett Dixon for a look at the important cases of the year in this important area of work.
All the information on those cases that you need to win yours.
Topics covered include:
- Vicarious liability
- Have things moved on since the Supreme Court decisions of Mahmoud v Morrisons and Cox v MOJ
- When is something closely connected to the work of an employee?
- What factors will a court look at in considering whether a defendant is vicariously liable?
- Work Equipment
- Control of work and work equipment
- Risk assessment and duty of care
- Confirmation from the court of appeal of risk assessment at common law
- What is required
- What is adequate
- Dynamic risk assessments – do they exist and what are they?