Presented by David Fisher (catastrophic and injury claims technical manager at AXA) and Tom Holbrook (partner at Kennedys Solicitors in Sheffield), this tactical webinar will cover:
- What do insurers do when they are notified of a claim?
- How are claims allocated? What about perceived value?
- What are the most important things for insurers to know from the outset both generally and for the purpose of putting the right reserve on a case.
- Why reserving is so important?
- What information an insurer really needs to know on a regular basis and why?
- How have insurers made arrangements to embrace and utilise the Rehabilitation Code and the Serious Injury Guide? Who within an insurance company has responsibility for making these work?
- At what point will an insurer bring in solicitors or counsel? Why do some insurers chose to “go it alone” without using a legal team?
- What is the approach of insurers and their solicitors to joint settlement meetings or alternative means of dispute resolution? What is their perception of the approach of the claimant’s legal team and the position of the claimant?
- What do insurers and their solicitors view as areas of good practice and bad practice by claimant’s solicitors and counsel. What will lead to better collaboration?