Join APIL president Brett Dixon to catch up with the latest cases that a specialist RTA practitioner needs to know about!
This webinar follows on from the PI update series and will cover:
The latest on what a “vehicle” is for the purposes of the Road Traffic Act
- The importance of Marleasing
- The test in Burns v Currell
- The one of the user’s test
- The importance of differentiating between road and land
How a court assess evidence in a pedestrian case
- Findings based on CCTV evidence
Damages sought for a fraudulent representation of a car crash
- The approach of the court to proof
- The calculation of damages – does it include costs incurred by the insurer?
Stage 3 hearings
- Can a defendant raise new issues in their acknowledgment of service for the hearing?
- The CJEU has revisited the decision recently
- More on “use of a vehicle”
- When is a secondary, non-transport, use of a vehicle relevant?