"Very engaging and covered all the topics thoroughly, very useful training indeed!"
This webinar, presented by APIL president Brett Dixon will cover:
- The practical differences between CPR QOCS and s57 Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 based fundamental dishonesty
- A review of the latest cases and what the tell us from the Court of Appeal and High Court:
- Howlett v Davies
- London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games v Sinfield
- What the lower level decisions can tell us about how the courts will apply fundamental dishonesty
- When and how a defendant might raise the issue
- How the outcome for a client could differ pre and post s57
- The need to advise clients at the outset
- Can you ever establish substantial injustice?
- Practical steps when dealing with an allegation
- Where next for fundamental dishonesty?