The webinar, presented by APIL president Brett Dixon, and costs special interest group co-ordinator Gary Barker will cover:
Part 36 update
- When is a Part 36 offer not a genuine attempt to settle?
- Do adverse Part 36 costs run from the end of the 21 days or the date that information was available?
- Appropriate interest rate on indemnity costs
QOCS and fundamental dishonesty update
- QOCS and notice of discontinuance
- Test for fundamental dishonesty and loss of QOCS
- S57 Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 - fundamental dishonesty and damages for the defendant
Assessment of costs
- Meaning of proportionality at assessment
- When is a bill to a client not a bill?
- Disclosure of file to a client challenging deductions
- Does indemnity costs defeat provisional assessment costs cap?
- Should refusal to mediate always affect costs?
- What behaviour justifies indemnity basis costs?
General costs issues
- Application for extension of time for a review of a master's costs decision about costs related to an appeal
- Assessing a recoverable ATE premium
- Switching funding methods at a late stage
- Revising a budget and cost already spent
- Fixed costs for claims over £25,000 that start in portal