This webinar will help practitioners understand how to successfully bring claims for damages for psychiatric injury in the context of clinical negligence.
It will address common misconceptions and examine how to defeat the typical arguments raised by the Defendant.
This webinar, delivered by popular barrister Richard Baker will cover:
- Examining the control mechanisms for secondary victim claims
- Taylor and Novo and subsequent authorities.
- Claims for secondary victims based on witnessing events in hospital
- Claims for primary and secondary victims following obstetric negligence
- Claims for secondary victims following delay in diagnosis
- Unusual types of psychiatric injury claim
- Tips on how to properly plead the case
- What to include within the witness statement