020 7822 8000
Accidents at work
Back or spinal injuries
Head or brain injuries
Road traffic accidents
Trip or slip
About Paul Paxton
Specialising in complex and catastrophic brain and spinal cord injury claims.
- Paul has been involved in numerous high profile cases:
- Record court approved spinal injuries settlements (Callum Cross £8.1 million, Agnes Collier £15 million, Isobel Sale £12.5 million).
- Record criminal injuries award 2002 (Dadi £4.75 million).
- Acted for victims of nurse murderer, Beverley Allitt.
- Obtained first reported lung cancer provisional damages award (Riley v BREL).
Described in the Legal 500 2014 as "a great lawyer and tactician." Chambers 2015 descibes him as "very professional" and "well respected by both his peers and other insurance companies." Chambers 2014 praised Paul's approach to litigation: "he doesn't do litigation by numbers or start a war for the sake of it - he's prepared to take a modern, collaborative approach."
Evill & Coleman specialising in trade union employers' liability claims, 1982-87; Rowley Ashworth trade union employment law/commercial litigation and personal injury 1987-94; head of personal injury department Firmwide Business Unit, Shoosmith & Harrison, Reading 1994-97; signed the country's first Conditional Fee Agreement, 1995; former chair Berkshire Medical Legal Society; erstwhile legal adviser to Education Council.
- Seeing the benefit (APIL, PI Focus) March 2015
- Grave Concern (APIL, PI Focus) June 2014
- Respecting Beliefs (APIL, PI Focus) March 2014
- "Lights, camera, action" - the curse of video surveillance (APIL, PI Focus) March 2011
- Pick and choose (Solicitors Journal) June 2009
Middle Temple Law Society;
Fellow of APIL.
CEDR accredited mediator.
Born 9 October 1959. Educated at Wimbledon College and Loughborough University. Resides in Surrey. Interests - sculpture, running, magic.
What does this mean?
Headway - The brain injury association, Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
If you are willing, we would be grateful if you can leave a few contact details. We would only get in touch to follow up on the service provided (which helps us to maintain our high standards), or if you have requested a call back by the lawyer.
Type of injury
5 New Street Square