The Court of Appeal has ruled that some untraced driver claims can be pursued as ordinary civil actions in the courts.
This is a truly ground breaking decision that may have wider implications for non-motor claims
The webinar will:
- Offer a brief overview of the Motor Insurer’s Bureau’s role in compensating victims under the Untraced Drivers Agreement 2017 and its drawbacks
- Provide a case commentary on Cameron v Hussain and another  EWCA Civ 366
- Clarify the circumstances where civil actions are permitted against unidentified defendants
- Consider the procedural and tactical implications
- Identify which claims are still relegated to the disadvantageous MIB untraced drivers scheme