"Nick made a rather dry and technical subject understandable and, dare I say it, fun!"
An essential and intensive ‘catch-up’ on the most important issues and developments effecting MIB claims.
Presented by Dr Nicholas Bevan, solicitor and leading motor insurance law expert whose activism has led to significant reform in this area, this webinar will cover:
- Uninsured Drivers Agreement 2015 – what has changed in 2017, why and what illegality remains
- Untraced Drivers Agreement 2017 (no.2) - why the first was a 2-day wonder, what’s new, what’s missing, what’s unlawful
- Suing untraced drivers by description instead of claiming under the UtDA
- New insights on the MIB’s extensive ‘extra-RTA’ liability following the ECJ ruling in Vnuk and emerging thinking on product liability
- Essential practice tips for running UDA and UtDA claims and arbitral appeals
- Provision for children and mentally handicapped
- Debunking the Article 75 myth and how to tackle misallocations of non-contractual statutorily insured claims, proportionately
- Full recovery of arbitral costs
- QOCS on costs in cross border claims within the EU