"As always these updates are very informative"
***LAUNCH DATE - 15 JANUARY 2021***
Presented by Brett Dixon and Cenric-Clement Evans, this fully updated one-day course returns, focusing on the topical areas you need to understand to win cases as well as in-depth case law updates.
The packed one-day programme will include:
- The latest from the Supreme Court on:
- The sufficiently close connection test
- The relationship between wrongdoer and the party said to be vicariously liable
- Sexual assault in a workplace environment
Running personal protective equipment cases
- Understanding PPE and the hierarchy of measures
- The basics of the duties in relation to personal protective equipment and the regulations that apply
- Interaction with risk assessment
- The cases that you need to know
- How relevant are the regulations when it comes Covid-19?
Regulations and case law update
- Do regulations apply to decisions taken by UK employers when the employees are abroad?
- More on risk assessment and its central role in safeguarding employees from foreseeable risk
- Reasonable practicability
- The relevance of post-accident risk assessments
- Contributory negligence in EL cases
- Using inferences and when they are available - the latest from the court of appeal
- Volunteers and duties in the workplace
- Application of duties overseas
- Noise induced hearing loss - limitation and restoration of companies to the register
- Defendants use of employee duties as a defence and what to do
- Employers responsibility for dangers encountered when entering or leaving a workplace
Post Enterprise Act case watch
- The latest cases
- What are the courts doing?
- Are they accepting the argument that the regulations matter?