The Judiciary are becoming more critical of experts where they fall below the appropriate standards, and recent reported cases highlight these and also give guidance to experts not only on what not to do but how to do it well.
This live webinar, presented by APIL’s immediate Past President Sam Elsby and expert speaker Nicola Heales will bring you up-to-date on the latest case law on expert evidence and conduct. This informative webinar will use the facts of recent cases to illustrate particular points:
- Dana v Freudenburg (Breach of court order & guidance + Part 35 questions failures)
- R v LB Southwark (Expert evidence guidance)
- Bux v GMC (Dishonest/slack expert)
- McLellan -V- General Medical Council(Covert recordings/dishonesty)
- Company v XY AND Z (Conflicts of interest)
- Griffiths -v- Tui UK Limited (Incomplete but unopposed expert evidence)
- Deutsche Bank AG v Sebastian Holding Inc & Anor (costs information required)
This webinar will provide either a refresher for experienced experts or an in-depth analysis of cases for experts new to medico legal report writing.
Live or on-demand
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
We encourage all attendees to watch the webinar live - this gives people the opportunity to ask questions and participate in polls.
All people registered for the webinar will automatically be emailed details to view the online recording following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Recordings are available to view for up to six months.