APIL accredited lawyers
Your APIL-accredited lawyer will provide you with legal help and advice if you have a personal injury or an illness or disease which is not your fault.
APIL accredited lawyers are committed to acting in your best interests at all times. They will explain how much compensation you may be entitled to and will give you clear and honest advice. They receive ongoing training to make sure they are always up to date with the latest developments in personal injury law and their aim is always to restore you back to your former way of life, as far as possible.
Levels of accreditation
There are different levels of accreditation which APIL lawyers can achieve depending on their experience and knowledge.
- Usually over 5 years’ experience
- Run their own cases without supervision
- Are prepared to take cases all the way to trial, if appropriate
- Usually over 10 years’ experience
- Run their own cases without supervision, lead and manage staff
- Have trial experience
- Share knowledge with other lawyers outside the firm, eg writing books, articles, providing training, etc
- Open only to APIL fellows
- Usually a minimum of 15 years’ experience
- The highest level of accreditation, awarded only to those who can show an outstanding contribution to and accomplishment in personal injury law and practice, eg by changing the law in some way
View our criteria for accreditation