APIL is the largest organisation for personal injury lawyers in the UK. Our expert witnesses and services directory is designed to speed up the litigation process by providing APIL members with suitably qualified experts to assist with their cases.
The directory is available to members online, in print through the APIL Expert and Rehabilitation Services Directory and as a bespoke personal service via our helpful, friendly staff in the Nottingham office.
“Wanted to say that someone has already instructed me from looking at my APIL profile so thank you!”, Dr Najma Khan-Bourne – within three weeks of joining the database
- Our 3,200 members currently carry out over 1,100 online expert witness searches every month, in addition to over 40 experts’ details being given out to APIL members each month from postal, email and telephone enquiries coming into the office.
- We have 530 expert witnesses in our directory
- Our expert witnesses cover over 280 categories including Orthopaedics, Medico-legal and Psychiatry.
Expert witnesses directory listing
APIL experts are categorised as follows:
- Tier 1**: Experts recommended by APIL members and who have completed Parts 1 and 2 of APIL’s Legal Training for Expert Witnesses courses
- Tier 1*: Experts recommended by APIL members and who have completed either Part 1 or Part 2 of APIL’s Legal Training for Expert Witnesses courses
- Tier 1: Experts recommended by APIL members
- Tier 2: Experts recognised by expert witness organisations such as the Expert Witness Institute or Society of Expert Witnesses (who do not hold an APIL member reference)
- Tier 3: Experts without recommendation or external recognition
Listings in the APIL expert witnesses directory run on a rolling year basis for 12 months, with payment running from the 1st of the month after the date of enrolment. Two subscription packages are available - the standard or the newly improved enhanced subscription. Please see below for the benefits of each option:
- Enhanced listing – an additional 255 characters describing your particular experience
and areas of expertise displayed to APIL members at www.apil.org.uk
- Include your own photograph or logo
- Enhanced listing in APIL’s Expert and Rehabilitation Services Directory (see above)
- PI Focus – ten issues of PI Focus, APIL’s membership magazine (normal subscription
fee £95 alone!)
- 10% off the cost of advertising with APIL - including placing adverts in PI Focus, on our website or in either of our printed membership or expert and rehabilitation services directories produced in September and May respectively
£150 (Ex. VAT)
If you have any enquiries, please call our expert witnesses team
on 0115 943 5437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.