APIL is the largest organisation for personal injury lawyers in the UK. Our
expert witnesses and services directory is designed to speed up the litigation process by providing APIL members with suitably qualified experts to assist with their cases.
The directory is available to members online, in print through the APIL Expert and Rehabilitation Services Directory and as a bespoke personal service via our helpful, friendly staff in the Nottingham office.
- Our 4,200 members currently carry out 2,000 online expert witness searches every month, in addition to 50 requests for expert witnesses monthly via post, email, fax or telephone direct to our office
- We have almost 770 expert witnesses in our directory and this figure is constantly growing
- Our expert witnesses cover over 280 categories including Orthopaedics,
Medico-legal and Psychiatry.
Expert witnesses directory listing
Listings in the APIL expert witnesses directory run on a rolling year basis for 12 months, with payment running from the 1st of the month after the date of enrolment. Two subscription packages are available - the standard or the newly improved enhanced subscription. Please see below for the benefits of each option:
- Easy search facility at www.apil.org.uk
- Inclusion in APIL’s Expert and Rehabilitation Services Directory – standard entry, showing name, address, job title/expertise
- Downloadable CV – available to APIL members
Market yourself as an "APIL expert witness" using our 3 tier rating system (what is this?)
The database contains three tiers of experts:
- 1st tier experts have been recommended by APIL members
- 2nd tier experts do not yet have an APIL member reference, but are members of recognised expert witness organisations, such as the Academy of Experts
- 3rd tier experts are those which fit neither the 1st or 2nd tier criteria.
- Profile with your personal email and website hyperlinks
- Enhanced listing – an additional 255 characters describing your particular experience
and areas of expertise displayed to APIL members at www.apil.org.uk
- Include your own photograph or logo
- Enhanced listing in APIL’s Expert and Rehabilitation Services Directory (see above)
- PI Focus – ten issues of PI Focus, APIL’s membership magazine (normal subscription
fee £95 alone!)
- 10% off the cost of advertising with APIL - including placing adverts in PI Focus, on our website or in either of our printed membership or expert and rehabilitation services directories produced in September and May respectively
- 20% discount off mailing list purchases – market your services directly to our members
£150 (Ex. VAT)
If you have any enquiries, please call our expert witnesses team
on 0115 943 5437 or email