APIL accredited Brain Injury Specialists, Clinical Negligence Specialists, Spinal Cord Injury Specialists, Occupational Disease Specialists, Asbestos Disease Specialists & Accidents and Illnesses Abroad must fulfil at least 8 hours in each specialist field
APIL accredited Fatal Accidents Specialists & Military Injury Specialists must fulfil at least 3 hours in each specialist field
ATTENDING APIL ACCREDITED COURSES
- Attendance at APIL courses and conferences.
- Attendance at APIL regional and special interest group meetings – 1 to 2 CPD hour per meeting, to a maximum of 4 hours per annum.
- Attendance at APIL executive committee meetings - 1 hour per meeting, to a maximum of 4 hours per annum.
- Attendance at in-house PI courses delivered by APIL in-house accredited offices, APIL, or APIL trainers.
- Attendance at APIL accredited courses delivered by other training providers. A full listing of APIL accredited courses run by other training providers can be found in the Legal Training section of the APIL website: www.apil.org.uk/other-accredited-courses
APIL ACCREDITED DISTANCE LEARNING
Viewing APIL accredited personal injury webinars, podcasts or DVD programmes.
WRITING FOR PUBLICATIONS
Maximum 4 hours*
Writing published articles on personal injury for recognised law journals or books. Hours claimed in respect of the article or book are as follows:
3,000 words - 4 hours
2,000 words - 2 hours
* Hours must be claimed in the year of publication
DELIVERING PERSONAL INJURY TRAINING
For Senior Litigators, Fellows, Senior Fellows and Specialist Counsel:
Maximum 10.5 hours
Delivering personal injury training for APIL, other organisations or in-house in accordance with the APIL philosophy. Hours may be claimed at the ratio of 2:1 for training delivery.
WRITING OR DELIVERING A PODCAST
1 hour per podcast