020 7650 1226
Asbestos related diseases
Environment / pollution
Spinal cord injury
Trip or slip
About Daniel Easton
I deal with complex personal injury claims, specialising in industrial disease / asbestos claims and catastrophic injuries. I became a partner at Leigh Day in 2008 and am now joint head of Leigh Day's Asbestos and Mesothelioma team.
From the start of my career, I knew I wanted to help personal injury victims. When I joined Leigh Day in 2003 I developed specialisms in claims for industrial / asbestos disease and catastrophic injuries and I have been fortunate enough to work for many deserving clients over the years.
I am accredited as a Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and hold specialist accreditations as an Asbestos Disease and Occupational Disease Specialist. I regularly lecture at professional training courses for APIL and other organisations. I am ranked as 'band 1' by the Chambers & Partners legal directory.
Asbestos and mesothelioma claims
I have acted for asbestos victims all over the world and gone to court many times to get the right result for my clients. In 2008 I was elected Secretary of APIL's Occupational Health Special Interest Group and was then elected as the Co-ordinator of the group. In 2023 I was voted onto the Executive Committee of APIL. I advise on the Asbestos Sub-Committee of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Occupational Safety and Health and work with charities and support groups to further the interests of asbestos victims.
Some of my cases include:
- Dr Kate Richmond  - undisclosed sum for a 44 year old doctor with peritoneal mesothelioma exposed to asbestos as a trainee in the late 1990s / early 2000s
- Terence Frith  – almost £300,000 for a former miner with pneumoconiosis and COPD whose claim was deemed 9 years ‘out of time’
- Graham Taylor  - £400,000 damages for Australian asbestosis sufferer (one of the highest value reported asbestosis claims)
- S v Circaprint Limited  - highest (then) award for pain and suffering in a mesothelioma claim and established award for loss of a husband's affection.
Catastrophic injury claims
Daniel has developed a reputable practice acting for those suffering catastrophic life-changing injuries including spinal cord injury, amputation, and fatal accidents. Some of my cases include:
- Mr M – damages award of £2.5 million for 25 year old who was permanently confined to a wheelchair after being crushed under a JCB.
- Securing more than £2 million for a man whose leg was amputated after he was run over by a lorry
- Mr R – damages of £2.7 million plus annual ‘periodical’ payments for life for 23 year old who was rendered paraplegic at age 16 when knocked from his scooter.
I have 2 young kids who I love spending time with, my main hobby is running, and I have completed several marathons to raise funds for charities.
What does this mean?
Fellow, Occupational disease specialist, Asbestos disease specialist
Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
Request a callback
If you would like a call back from this APIL accredited lawyer, please complete this form and we will send your request to them.
27 Goswell Road
Tel: 020 7650 1226