About Richard Kayser
I am a Partner based in the Medical Negligence team in London, representing individuals and their families who have suffered injury as a result of a medical accident. I have a specialist interest in the following areas:
- Children who have suffered injuries at birth - with particular expertise in cerebral palsy caused by HIE, hyperglycaemia and hyperbilirubinemia (kernicterus);
- Adult and child brain injury
- Spinal Cases - with particular expertise in spinal tumours and cauda equina syndrome;
- Meningitis and Encephalitis
- Delay in the diagnosis of cancer;
- Fatal cases - with particular expertise in maternal death cases;
I qualified as a solicitor in 2010, joining Irwin Mitchell in November 2014. I initially trained to be a Barrister and was called to the Bar of England and Wales in September 2008. I undertook cross qualification training in August 2008.
I am an APIL Accredited Senior Litigator and Clinical Negligence Specialist and on the Clinical Negligence AVMA Panel.
I lead a team of Solicitors and have my own varied caseload which includes representing clients who have suffered major spinal cord injury and brain damage through substandard medical treatment.
I have experience with representation of families at inquests where death is suspected to have occurred due to neglect.
I am often invited to present at hospitals and national medical conferences on improving patient safety and medical law.