Accident at work
Asbestos related diseases
Spinal cord injury
Trip or slip
About Sabrina Lawlor
Sabrina is an APIL accredited Senior Litigator and Disability Inclusion advocate with over 15 years experience in the legal sector.
Recognised by the UK Legal 500 for being proactive and very supportive to her clients, Sabrina has a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry in the UK, Ireland, U.S.A and Australia.
In her current role as a Principal Lawyer at Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK), Sabrina represents clients who have sustained catastrophic life changing injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and spinal injuries.
Examples of current cases:
- A 25 year old male who, as a result of a serious road traffic accident, is tetraplegia and requires a 24/7 care package,single level accommodation, treatment, aids and equipment for life.
- A 22 year old female who has sustained a severe traumatic brain injury and requires support with parenting her children.
- A 44 year old female who has sustained a severe cervical spinal injury rendering her disabled and unable to return to work as a beautician and haidresser.
- A 25 year old male who has sustained a very serious traumatic brain injury and as a consequence has developed complex behavioural problems.
- A 23 year old female who has sustained a mild traumatic brain injury, serious cervical spinal injuries, lower limb injury with permanent deficints and psychological trauma. An experienced case manager and multi disciplinary team of clinicians are currently providing support to support my client with her recovery and rehabiltiation.
- An 8 year old child who has suffered a moderate traumatic brain injury and psychological trauma following a road traffic accident.
Examples of recent settlements include:
- £6,000,000 award for a client who sustained a very serious traumatic brain injury following a road traffic accident and now needs a 24/7 care and support regime for the rest of his life.
- £1,050,000 award for a successful business man who sustained a brain injury and orthopaedic injuries following a road traffic accident.
- £750,000 award for a client who was left visually impaired with severe psychological trauma following an accident at work.
- £500,000 award for a female client who suffered a serious brain injury in a road traffic collision. This matter was valued at £2,800,000 on a 100% recovery basis, however, due to life expectancy issues and complex liability arguments, a compromise was eventually reached between the parties following a joint settlement meeting.
Sabrina is proud to be a disability and vocational rehabilitation advocate and supports the Business Disability Forum, Acquired Brain Injury Ireland, the Vocational Rehabiltiation Assocation, After Matters, Spinal Injuires Assocation (SIA), and the Brain and Spinal Injury Centre (BASIC).
Sabrina is on the Board of Trustess of the Vocational Rehabilitation Association which is a professional body which aims to support vocational rehabilitation professionals.
Sabrina is also a founding member of After Matters which is a charity based in Greater Manchester. After Matters aims to support young people aho have suffered traumatic brain injuires and require support with education, employment, career redirection, benefit applications, access to treatment and psychological support.
Sabrina was the first legal professional in the UK to register as a post graduate student on a MSc in Vocational and Occupational Rehabilitation at the Univserity of Salford and Sheffield Hallam University. Sabrina has accomplished a Postgraduate qualification in vocational and occupational rehabilitation which has enhanced her skills and knowledge in strategies to support a return to work following a life changing injury.
Highly regarded by her peers as a highly motivated and committed Chair of the Disability and Accessibilty Network at Slater and Gordon Lawyers , Sabrina aims to promote equal opportunities and ensure that disabled employees and customers are supported, respected and empowered.
In light of of the instrumental role Sabrina has played in the disability inclusion strategy at Slater and Gordon she was recently nominated by her peers for a Person with Purpose award at the Northern Power Women awards 2022.