Association of Personal Injury Lawyers logo
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers

Assault or abuse compensation lawyers

Assault or abuse

If you are the victim of a physical crime in the UK, there are three different ways you can make a personal injury claim for compensation. You can make a claim against the perpetrator directly (though ensuring compensation is paid can be difficult), you can make a claim against your employer or organisation responsible for your care, and finally you can make a claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

A specialist assault and abuse lawyer will be able to advise you on which options are available to make a compensation claim. There is no need to wait for a successful criminal prosecution in order to make a claim. For Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority claims you need to claim within two years of the crime being committed, so we recommend you make contact with a lawyer as soon as possible.

Search for a lawyer

Postcode or town

Personal injury legal practice
Personal injury - Senior Litigator
I qualified as a solicitor in 1990, joined Digby Brown LLP in 2000 and was made partner in 2005. In 2009 I took charge of the Union department, working for amongst others the GMB in Scotland, servicing the legal needs of over 60,000 Union members in for... Read more
Mr Stephen Green of FOSTERS SOLICITORS in Norwich
Personal injury - Senior Litigator
Stephen is a Partner at Fosters Solicitors and Head of their Personal Injury Department.  A Member and Senior Litigator of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers he has been on the Law Society Personal Injury Panel since 1995. He... Read more
Mr Robert Williams of GHP LEGAL in Wrexham
Personal injury - Senior Litigator
Brain injury lawyer
Personal injury legal practice
Personal injury - Fellow
Solicitor with extensive experience in personal injury litigation, having acted for both claimants and defendants during his career. He acts for clients following accidents at work, on the highway, in care and in education. Malcolm is a recognised as a... Read more
Personal injury legal practice
Personal injury - Senior Litigator
Lianda holds an LLB (Hons) from the University of Dundee, LLM in Criminal Justice and Human Rights from the University of Aberdeen, and the Diploma in Legal Practice from the University of Dundee. Lianda is a Notary Public and qualified as a Solicitor in... Read more

All firms will probably provide the first half hour of your consultation free of charge, either by telephone or in person.

Compensation may be awarded for the following

  • Physical injury
  • Psychological or psychiatric damage
  • The cost of treatment and rehabilitation
  • Loss of earnings

It is strongly recommended that you should consult with two or three accredited injury lawyers before making a decision on who to instruct.