***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NOTTINGHAM DATE HAS NOW MOVED TO 15 JUNE***
Presented by Brett Dixon and Cenric-Clement Evans, this fully updated one-day course returns, focusing on the topical areas you need to know to understand to win cases as well as in-depth case law updates.
- The latest from the Supreme Court on:
- The sufficiently close connection test
- The relationship between the wrongdoer and the party said to be vicariously liable
- Sexual assault in a workplace environment
Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The basics of the duties in work at height cases
- Overlap with other regulations
- What duties are there?
- How should they be used to win your cases?
Regulations and case law update
- Do regulations apply to decisions taken by UK employers when the employees are abroad?
- More on risk assessment and its central role in safeguarding employees from foreseeable risk
- Reasonable practicability
- Contributory negligence in EL cases
- Carbon monoxide exposure in the workplace
- Using inferences and when they are available – the latest from the court of appeal
- Causation in psychiatric injury claims
- Accidents in work car parks
- Assaults in care facilities
- Developments in parent company liability
- Employers responsibility for slips on snow and ice outside the workplace
- Accidents in the workplace involving horses
Post Enterprise Act case watch
- The latest cases
- What are the courts doing?
- Are they accepting the argument that the regulations matter