"Pretty much the best out there for specialist training"
"APIL is far superior to all other training providers I have experienced"
In response to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic, APIL's annual asbestos conference will now be going virtual!
This brand new and innovative format will still take place live on Thursday, 17 September (via Zoom) but you will also be able to view the event on-demand at your convenience, for six months after the event.
**Please note that registrations are for individual delegates only. Delegates will be sent a personal unique link which must not be shared.
Immunotherapy – the expert’s perspective
- Speaker: Professor Peter Szlosarek, Professor of Medical Oncology, Barts Health NHS Trust, St Bartholomew's Hospital, London
Immunotherapy indemnity agreements – How good is a promise to repay?
- Speaker: Ian Bailey, Secretary of APIL’s Occupational Health Special Interest Group, Irwin Mitchell LLP, London
Mesothelioma: when is a risk not a material risk?
- Speaker: Dr John Moore-Gillon, Consultant, King Edward VII’s Hospital, London and Consultant Physician Emeritus, St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospitals, London
Asbestosis & lung cancer – criteria for attribution
- Speaker: Dr Robin Rudd, Consultant Physician, London Lung Cancer Group, London
Panel session: Material contribution
- Panellists: Ian Bailey, Dr John Moore-Gillon, Dr Robin Rudd
Historic building exposure: Schools, hospitals and offices – getting the right evidence
- Speaker: Dave Maddison, Health & Safety Practitioner, Pragma and Associates Limited, Doncaster
Practice and procedure in front of the Masters
- Speaker: Dan Easton, Co-ordinator of APIL’s Occupational Health Special Interest Group, Leigh Day, London
Occupier’s liability – a misnomer or a dead duck?
- Fairchild revisited
- Speaker: Stephen Glynn, Barrister, 9 Gough Chambers, London
Life after death: who the claimant should be, personal representatives, recalcitrant executors and much more
- Speaker: Sabrina Hartshorn, Barrister, 9 Gough Chambers, London
Credit where credit is due
- Speaker: Harry Steinberg QC, 12 KBW, London
Please see the full programme for further information and full details of our speakers.
The conference will be easily accessible to all attendees via the brand new APIL App and on your computers or laptops, via the browser version as follows:
- The full conference programme will be available to view live, with comfort breaks
- All sessions will be available to view on demand, at your convenience, for at least 6 months after the live event date.
- Conference materials and slides (that have been cleared by our speakers) will be provided in an electronic format, via the virtual platform
- Delegates will be given the opportunity to participate in a live Q&A session with all of the conference speakers at the end of each session
- Virtual exhibition hall - this will give you the opportunity to fully engage with our conference sponsor
- Networking - you will be able to participate in interactive and engaging experiences through a new dynamic virtual conference platform with 1:1 chats and direct messaging with all attendees
*Programme, speaker and topics may be subject to change.