"100% of the feedback received for Gordon's last webinar, marked it as "excellent""
Making sure that the budget is, and remains, correct is an important part of a litigator’s job. Knowing when and how a budget can be varied is an essential skill.
This webinar looks at the law, practice and procedure in relation to applying to vary a costs budget. It looks at the rules, the precedents and the significant cases that govern applications to vary costs budgets.
- The relevant rules
- What is a “significant development”
- What kind of “significant development” merits a variation to the budget
- Why it is essential that an application is made promptly – promptness is a mandatory prerequisite
- When does the revised budget start from
- Why the court won’t budget retrospectively
- Persuading the court to exercise its discretion
Live or on-demand
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
We encourage all attendees to watch the webinar live - this gives people the opportunity to ask questions and participate in polls.
All people registered for the webinar will automatically be emailed details to view the online recording following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Recordings are available to view for up to six months.