"As always these updates are very informative"
This webinar looks at the particular problems and issues faced by a child who has suffered the loss of parents or carers. It looks at the position when children are the sole claimants, have a dependency claim as part of a family and potential claims by the “adult child”.
- Bringing an action on behalf of a child in a fatal case
- When the child is the only dependant. How does the court approach damages?
- When the child has to move household - the complex legal issues
- How are damages assessed if the dead parent provided poor care?
- What is the position when there are “two families”?
- “Does the adult child” have a claim?
- Apportionment of damages and child claimants
The webinar will include an outline of the relevant case law and legal principles.
It will also provide a useful checklist and questionnaire of the specific matters that litigators need to consider in relation to children and fatal accident litigation.
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.