"Stimulating, scintilating and inspiring on what is a very difficult and sensitive area of the law"
This course will be given by experienced practitioner Hilary Wetherell, a partner at Irwin Mitchell, and barrister Gordon Exall, author of APIL's 'Guide to Fatal Accidents' and 'Munkman on Damages for Personal Injury and Death'.
This one day course will take you through every element of a fatal accident claim, with particular emphasis on the compassionate handling of bereaved families and careful client care.
The course will cover:
- The law in relation to liability and causation
- Investigating the claim, liability, damages and the inquest
- Funding the claim - who is the client?
- retainers, drafting them and getting the correct party correctly identified
- Who is a dependant?
- Valuing the dependency claim
- Non-dependency claims
- Bereavement damages
- Losses of the deceased prior to death
- Damages for injuries to another arising out of the death
***This course is also appropriate for APIL asbestos disease specialist accreditation***