"The best APIL course I have ever attended. Thank you very much"
"I think this was the best APIL course I have been; as someone moving into this type of work it was exactly as I had hoped. Please thank both speakers"
Stephen Glynn and Daniel Easton will deliver a comprehensive A to Z guide to running successful asbestos disease claims from start to finish.
This intensive one-day course is aimed at trainees and practitioners wanting to re-skill themselves in this highly technical area of industrial disease practice so they can master the intricacies of running an asbestos disease claim.
The course is also suited to existing industrial disease specialists and team leaders seeking to refresh and update their know-how and expertise in this fast developing field of practice.
We will cover:
- Use of asbestos and the diseases it causes
- Evolving awareness of the hazard, proving foresight, variable standards for liability
- De minimis exposure, asymptomatic diseases
- The latest on the special causation rules for mesothelioma and lung cancer
- Contributory negligence
- Tracing defendants and insurers
- Which insurer is liable for historic exposure, apportionment
- The Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme
- The Pre-action Protocol and the Mesothelioma Practice Direction
- Restoration of dissolved companies and The Third Parties Rights Act
- Tips on preparing statements and other evidence
- Quantum and state benefits