The course is being delivered virtually and is split into four webinars, lasting 1.5 hours each.
Each webinar can either be viewed on its own or can be purchased as a package and a recording will be sent to you for future reference.
***PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] TO BOOK AT A SERIES RATE***
Are you interested in pursuing a career in personal injury law? Have you just started a new role in a personal injury department or firm? Are you looking to refresh your knowledge and skills when running a personal injury claim? If so, this course is for you.
The course is being delivered virtually and is split into four webinars, lasting 1.5 hours each. Each webinar can either be viewed on its own or can be purchased as a package and a recording will be sent to you for future reference.
Taking an accident at work/employer’s liability case as the theme, the course will include example precedent documentation with each part covering the following:
Part 1: Introduction to personal injury law
- What is the law?
- Legal knowledge and the legal profession
- Professional obligations
- Legal know how
- Time limits and deadlines
- Gathering evidence at the start of the case
- Progressing the case
Part 2: The nuts and bolts of taking on a claim
- New enquiries
- Funding and insurance
- Obtaining medical and other records
- Damages – the basics
- Letters of claim and the protocol period
- Rehabilitation and interim payments – the Rehabilitation Code and the Serious Injury Guide
- Working with the defendant
Part 3: Next steps - litigation, the court process, settlement and beyond
- Issuing proceedings and service
- Schedule of Loss
- Directions to the court
- Costs and case management hearings Interim applications
- Witness statements – liability, quantum and statement of truth
- Expert evidence and joint statements
- Joint settlement meetings and mediation
- Trials, approval hearings and anonymity orders
Part 4: Perfecting your skills – tips and traps
- Witness statement hazards
- Instructing medical experts
- Preparing instructions/briefs to counsel
- Interim payments
- The art of negotiation and routes to good settlements
- Managing your client and their expectations
- Managing yourself!
- The bigger picture
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.