Kindly sponsored by 12 King's Bench Walk
APIL's 2020 accidents abroad conference is taking place on a fully virtual platform this December and we are delighted to bring this packed programme directly to your homes and work spaces.
This BRAND NEW and innovative format will take place live on Thursday, 3 December but delegates are also invited to view the event, on-demand, for six months after the live event.
Please note that registrations are for individual delegates only. Delegates will be sent a personal unique link which must not be shared.
Covid-19 - Lessons learnt in the travel industry and potential claims
- Speakers: Dominique Smith (1 Chancery Lane)
- Captain Nathan Mills (Nathan Mills Marine)
- David Horrocks (Horrocks Environmental Health Services)
- Jatinder Paul (Irwin Mitchell LLP)
Covid-19 – Lessons learnt in legal procedure and practice: a comparative discussion
- Speakers: Dominique Smith (1 Chancery Lane), Dr Christoph Haidlen (Austria), Claudio Ceriani (Italy)
Cruise and maritime claims: liability and its limitations
- Speakers: Matthew Chapman QC and Ella Davis (1 Chancery Lane)
Developments in aviation accidents and Montreal Convention claims
- Speakers: Max Archer (12KBW) and Sarah Stewart (Stewarts)
Fatal accidents compensation: a comparative analysis
- Speakers: Jennifer Lund (Irwin Mitchell) and Cheryl Palmer-Hughes (Irwin Mitchell)
Jurisdiction – recent developments, pushing boundaries and the impact of Brexit
- Speaker: Chris Deacon (Stewarts)
Insurance indemnity and the challenges of insolvent defendants
- Speakers: Sarah Crowther QC and Carin Hunt (Outer Temple Chambers)
Claims against tour operators, vicarious liability and local standards: the latest on developments in X v Kuoni and other case law
- Speaker: Asela Wijeyaratne (3 Hare Court)
How does the virtual conference work?
The conference will be easily accessible to all attendees via the brand new APIL App and on your computers or laptops, via the browser version as follows:
- The full conference programme will be available to view live, with comfort breaks
- All sessions will be available to view on demand, at your convenience, for at least 6 months after the live event date.
- Conference materials and slides (that have been cleared by our speakers) will be provided in an electronic format, via the virtual platform
- Delegates will be given the opportunity to participate in a live Q&A session with all of the conference speakers at the end of each session
- Virtual exhibition hall - this will give you the opportunity to fully engage with our conference sponsor
- Networking - you will be able to participate in interactive and engaging experiences through a new dynamic virtual conference platform with 1:1 chats and direct messaging with all attendees
*Programme, speaker and topics may be subject to change.