***FULL PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE***
CONFERENCE THEME: THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
RESIDENTIAL PACKAGES STARTING FROM £645 + VAT*
APIL's popular residential clinical negligence conference will be returning to the superb Hilton Metropole, Brighton in October 2019.
Throughout the two days, eminent experts and practitioners will cover many aspects surrounding the topics of the digestive system; and they will update you on the most recent developments in clinical negligence law.
The digestive tract – an overview
- Prof Marc Winslet, Colorectal Consultant, Royal Free, London
General surgical standards - improving patient care, usurping democracy or arming lawyers
- Nicholas Lees, Consultant Colorectal and Intestinal Failure Surgeon, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Hot topical issues
- Shahram Sharghy, APIL EC Member, 9 Gough Square, London
- Mr Zak Rahman, Consultant General, HPB & Advanced Laparoscopic Upper GI Surgeon, Royal Free Hospital, London
Bile duct injury: Anatomy assumed, liability presumed!
- Professor Graeme Poston, Consultant Hepato Biliary Surgeon, Aintree University Hospital, Liverpool
Diagnostic imaging - a dark art!
- Dr. Giles Maskell, Consultant Radiologist, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro
Anastomoses, leakage and abdominal sepsis in gastrointestinal surgery
- Professor Gordon Carlson, Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford
- Karen Nugent, Consultant General Surgeon, Spire Southampton Hospital, Southampton
The NHS Mediation Scheme: How to prepare, conduct and get the best out of mediation
- Brian Dawson, Director, Trust Mediation Ltd, London
The acute abdomen
- Mr Abeezar Sarela, Consultant Surgeon, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds
- Sally Hatfield QC and Mary Ruck, Byrom Street Chambers, Manchester
Future potential developments in the pipeline
- Professor David Jayne, Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Leeds, Consultant Surgeon, Spire Hospital Leeds, Leeds
RESIDENTIAL PACKAGE - Starting from only £645 + VAT for APIL members*
The residential package includes attendance at both days of the conference, one ticket to the dinner dance and single occupancy accommodation at the Hilton Brighton Metropole on Thursday, 3 October; plus conference pack and refreshments throughout the conference.
Please see the flyer and registration form for information accommodation on Wednesday, 2 October, spouse supplements and details on day passes.