HYBRID CONFERENCE - ATTEND IN PERSON OR VIEW VIRTUALLY
Kindly sponsored by Maggie Sargent & Associates
Now in its 16th year, we are delighted to have secured a host of eminent speakers to take part in this popular event, which is returning to London's Marriott Regents Park Hotel on Friday, 15 October.
For 2021, we are delighted to offer this programme as a hybrid event where delegates can either choose to view the event live in person or watch this virtually, via APIL's dedicated conference app. All delegates attending in person will also have access to the virtual programme, where they can watch this back - on demand - over a period of six months.
- Overview of NHS picture
- Which immunotherapy drugs patients can have?
- Speaker: Dr Jason Lester, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Rutherford Cancer Centre, Cardiff
Immunotherapy agreements: The legal perspective
- Practical considerations to support your client
- Possible solutions
- Speaker: Ian Bailey, Secretary of APIL's Occupational Health SIG, Irwin Mitchell LLP, London
Practical perspective in low exposure cases – the engineer’s view
- Practical perspective of what should be addressed in low exposure cases
- What the engineers look for in witness evidence
- The information they need to prepare reports
- When is a dose calculation needed and how is this approached?
- Speaker: Laura Martin, Strange Strange & Gardner, Birmingham
Low exposure – the expert’s view
- Speaker: Dr Philip Barber, Consultant Respiratory Physician, North West Lung Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester
Legal update on low exposure cases
- Bannister v Freemans PLC
- Speaker: Simon Kilvington QC, Byrom Street Chambers, Manchester
Nuts and bolts of histology
- What happens?
- How many tissue blocks do they take?
- How long do they keep it for?
- Speaker: Professor S Kim Suvarna, Consultant Histopathologist, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield
- What can be done to trace insurance?
- Speaker: Daniel Easton, Co-ordinator of APIL's Occupational Health SIG, Leigh Day, London
- Practical application of limitation
- Scenarios that lawyers find troubling
- What happens if you have multiple defendants and can't locate them all?
- Speaker: Helen Childs, Royds Withy King LLP, London
Applicability of strict liability in school cases
- Speaker: Michael Rawlinson QC, 12KBW and King's Chambers, London and Manchester
Tips and tricks - case law update
- Settling cases
- Lost years and dependency claims post Rix v. Paramount Shopfitting and Head v The Culver Heating Co Ltd
- Speaker: Stephen Glynn, Barrister, 9 Gough Chambers, London