"Thank you for a well ran and most interesting conference. The speakers were the top of their field and were clearly passionate about the subject."
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE - VIEW LIVE OR WATCH ON DEMAND
After 10 years away, APIL is delighted to bring their plastic and cosmetic surgery conference back into their 2023 training schedule.
We are excited to welcome a host of eminent expert speakers to address our clinical negligence and personal injury lawyers on this highly topical area of law.
Delegates are invited to watch the virtual programme live on Tuesday, 6 June; or alternatively, this can be viewed on demand, at a time to suit you, for a period of six months.
Topics will include:*
Remedies: Home and abroad
- Remedies in private claims
- Contract, negligence or tort?
- Consumer Credit Act
- Health Tourism/Cross-jurisdictional cases
- Speaker: Mark Harvey, Hugh James, Cardiff
The psychology of plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Coping with the effects of body dysmorphia and profiling
- Pre-operative assessment of potential cosmetic surgery patients
- What treatment is available for body dysmorphia?
- Speaker: Lisa Debrou, Clinical Director/Clinical Psychologist, HelloSelf, London
Why dispute resolution is ideal for cosmetic surgery claims
- Speaker: Paul Balen, Freeths LLP and Trust Mediation, Nottingham
Cosmetic eyelid surgery complications
- Speaker: Brian Leatherbarrow, Consultant Ophthalmic, Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgeon, Medicolegal Ophthalmology, Manchester
Plastic surgery from a medical perspective
- Role of a plastic surgeon
- Regulation or not?
- Consent from a medical point of view
- Reconstructive surgery - breast implants, ALCL and common breast issues
- Different types of plastic surgery
- Speaker: Nigel Mercer, Past President, BAPRAS, Bristol Plastic Surgery, Bristol
Cosmetic dental procedures
- Speaker: Professor Paul Tipton, Specialist in Prosthodontics, TLegal Ltd, Manchester
- Legal cases
- Published guidelines
- Speaker: Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel KC, One Crown Office Row, London