This webinar looks at recent cases where the courts have considered issues relating to loss of earnings and examines their practical relevance for preparing and proving claims. Looking at awards made at trial is often the best way for practitioners to be fully aware of the issues that will arise in this area.
The cases covered cover the following topics:-
- Failing to prove future losses
- When the court did l not accept a claim for future losses
- Who is an “expert” and when is expert evidence allowed
- Fundamental dishonesty when claiming loss of earnings (a case about psychic powers)
- Reductions in claims because of Covid
- “Loss of chance” considered in a fatal case
- Loss of congenial employment
The webinar includes a close look at a loss of earnings questionnaire which will be provided to every delegate
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.