"Very passionate and knowledgeable speaker - really enjoyed presentation style and stories."
Following the inception of HSSIB (The Health Service Safety Investigations Body) and MNSI (Maternity and Newborn Safety Investigations), some vital changes have come to the fore which affect maternity investigations. From the start of the investigation through to the report, you will learn all you need to know as a practitioner in order to navigate this process with clients. MNSI investigate certain maternity incidents with a view to identify common themes and influence systemic change.
Many clients who believe that the care afforded to them was negligent are subject to MNSI investigations. This course will explain everything you need to know in order to navigate this with your clients and assist you in your investigations and this course will enhance your current practice.
The webinar will cover:
- Who is HSSIB and
- What is different from HSIB
- What powers do they have?
- What do they do
- How do the changes affect your clients?
- What/who is MNSI?
- What is the criteria for reporting?
- Safe spaces vs critical evidence: Recent case law regarding disclosure of interviews
- MNSI vs serious untoward incident reports
- How to navigate the early stages
- How MNSI collate evidence
- The MNSI process of investigation
- Terms of reference, the report and conclusions
- Challenging the MNSI report and how you can
- The limitations of safety recommendations and trusts following through
- The coronial process and MNSI
- Using the MNSI report in your investigations
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.