"Excellent day, very enjoyable & great networking event. Very approachable throughout the day"
Fully updated to consider impact of Covid 19
***RELEASED ON 4 DECEMBER***
The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) has been fighting for the rights of injured people for over 30 years. A not-for-profit campaign organisation, APIL’s 3,200 member lawyers (mainly solicitors, barristers and legal executives) are dedicated to improving the services provided for victims of personal injury, protecting and enhancing access to justice, and lobbying for changes to the law where necessary.
APIL runs well over 200 events each year for personal injury lawyers. APIL members regularly work with case managers on their cases and we have received many requests from case managers for some legal training.
This virtual course is a must for all case managers, irrespective of experience, wishing to find out more about the key aspects of the legal process and what is important to personal injury solicitors and their clients. Presented by practitioners who have worked for many years with very seriously injured claimants, the course will provide valuable insights into key areas of case management and answer many of the most difficult and frequently asked questions.
The virtual course will include:
- The Rehabilitation Code, The Serious Injury Guide and Immediate Needs Assessment Reports
- Effects on litigation of a joint instruction vs single instruction
- Privileged information and disclosure
- Law Reform (Personal Injuries Act) 1948
- Settlements, JSMs and approvals
- Heads of loss – and lump sums/periodical payments
- Post settlement involvement and COP Deputyships
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate
to say that you are "APIL trained"