With the early focus in clinical negligence cases on investigation of breach of duty and causation, timely assessment of mental capacity can create challenges for even the most experienced clinical negligence practitioner.
This webinar (accompanied by a comprehensive resource pack for future reference) will guide you through the process of identifying and managing mental capacity issues in the context of clinical negligence litigation including:
- An introduction to or recap on the Mental Capacity Act and law relating to litigation capacity
- Revised text of CPR Part 21 (April 2023)
- How to manage mental capacity issues at various stages of the litigation process
- Real case examples, including:
- The impact of losing capacity (litigation and financial)
- Clients who lack capacity for reasons other than their injury
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.