**AVAILABLE UNTIL 1 SEPTEMBER 2020**
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, APIL regrettably had to cancel the majority of the ‘Spring PI update’ series.
However, we are delighted to announce that the course is now available to view via an online recording and you can purchase the recording and listen to exactly the same presentations, at your leisure, as if you had been there on the day!
Brett Dixon and John McQuater will guide you through the following important topics:
Session 1: Negligence, occupiers' liability, public liability and RTAs
- Occupiers liability and how to use risk assessment to deal with obvious risk cases
- Consumer Protection Act cases and evidencing defects
- Road traffic accidents and contributory negligence
Session 2: Employer's liability and a quiz!
- Reasonable practicability
- Work at height
- The non-delegable duty of care post Enterprise Act
Session 3: Procedure
- Strike out for non-attendance
- Recording of medical examinations
- Contempt of court applications pre-proceedings
- Changing medical experts
Session 4: Costs and damages
- Costs issues including staying in and out of the portal
- Taxi drivers and hire
- The status of the Judicial College Guidelines
- Abuse damages
- Blamire awards
- Loss of earnings
Upon completion of the online course and workshops, you will be awarded 6 CPD hours.