"This was an excellent course. It was very informative for those new to looking to use the DCP. Practical advice was helpful"
"Both excellent and spoke very confidently given that there must be a lot of unknowns about the system at this time"
On the 4 April 2022 the new digital county court system for issuing became mandatory for use for certain types of personal injury claims. HMCTS have indicated that there will be a period of grace to 29 April 2022 where the paper system can still be used.
Following on from the last webinar which attracted a huge number of questions, join Brett Dixon, who is the only practitioner member of the Damages Committee, and John McQuater, APIL Secretary in a special two hour webinar to look at the practical aspects of using the system, and look at the issues raised by the questions at the last session:
- Understanding scope
- What is in and what is out
- When will the scope be extended
- Welsh language cases
- Children and protected parties
- Foreign vehicles and address for service issues
- The overlap with PD51R – Online Civil Money Claims
- Dealing with the Defendant
- What to ask
- When to ask
- Dealing with lack of cooperation
- Document issues
- What can you upload?
- Scanned PDFs – statements of truth etc
- Amending claim forms before notification/service – coming out of the system
- Interacting with the system
- Email alerts
- Supervision of fee earners
- Email addresses used
- Is it service?
- Provision of information in relation to the defendant
- Do you have to do it? Issuing and not serving/notifying – how do you choose to do that?
- Other sources of information
- APIL hosted webinars
- HMCTS factsheets
- What happens after you have issued?
- Unrepresented defendants
- Claim forms that lapse – automatic strike out – QOCS and costs implications
- Can you add in solicitor service details received after issue and before notification/service?
- Costs budgeting provisions
- Once you are out you are out – no hokey cokey!
- Communication with the defendant
- Dealing with multiple defendants – one in and one out?
- General issues
- Why not just use ce-file?
- Guarding against wrong email addresses – setting aside judgment
- Fee remissions
- Wrong court fees entered – who is responsible?
- Defendants who do not want to use the system - before and after defendant mandation
- Future steps
- Default judgment
- Expansion of scope
- Fee remissions
- Training and systems
- Who issues?
- Use of proformas
- Complying with deadlines
If you missed the live session, you can purchase a recording of the previous webinar by clicking the link below:
Issuing proceedings in the County Court:
The new digital system, the demise of paper and avoiding negligence claims and other pitfalls
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.