This webinar looks at recent developments in fatal accident litigation and what we can learn from them.
In addition to cases of damages, liability and procedure it looks at particular issues of costs relating to fatal accident claims.
Topics considered include:
- Fatal accident damages when the deceased person ran a business, Paramount Shopfitting Company -v- Rix.
- Does the “standard” approach to the dependency calculation always apply? Chouza -v- Martins
- What is the appropriate approach when the deceased person is a “carer”? Steve Hill Ltd -v- Witham  EWCA Civ 1312.
- Irrecoverable heads of loss, Blake -v- Mad Max
- Provisional damages and fatal accidents. The decision in Green -v- Vickers Defence Systems.
- Limitation, fatal accidents and Section 33 – Tyers -v- Aegis Defence Systems.
- Investigating fatal accidents and costs. Hourly rates and attending the inquest. Briley -v- Leicester Partnership NHS Trust.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.