"This is my first APIL conference and I am rather impressed. I will definitely be recommending to my colleagues!"
"The pace of the course was perfect and all of the topics were clearly outlined. Very thorough in all aspects of a claim and both speakers were excellent"
This intensive one-day course is aimed at trainees and practitioners wanting to re-skill themselves in this highly technical area of industrial disease practice so they can master the intricacies of running an asbestos disease claim.
The course is also suited to existing industrial disease specialists and team leaders seeking to refresh and update their know-how and expertise in this fast developing field of practice.
We will cover:
- Use of asbestos and the diseases it causes
- Evolving awareness of the hazard, proving foresight, variable standards for liability
- De minimis exposure, asymptomatic diseases
- The latest on the special causation rules for mesothelioma and lung cancer
- Contributory negligence
- Tracing defendants and insurers
- Which insurer is liable for historic exposure, apportionment
- The Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme
- The Pre-action Protocol and the Mesothelioma Practice Direction
- Restoration of dissolved companies and The Third Parties Rights Act
- Tips on preparing statements and other evidence
- Quantum and state benefits
You may also be interested in...
APIL ASBESTOS CONFERENCE
HYBRID CONFERENCE - ATTEND IN PERSON OR VIEW VIRTUALLY
Kindly sponsored by Maggie Sargent & Associates
Now in its 16th year, we are delighted to have secured a host of eminent speakers to take part in this popular event, which is returning to London's Marriott Regents Park Hotel on Friday, 15 October.
For 2021, we are delighted to offer this programme as a hybrid event where delegates can either choose to view the event
live in person or watch this virtually, via APIL's dedicated conference app.
All delegates attending in person will also have access to the virtual programme,
where they can watch this back - on demand - over a period of six months.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS