Celebrating 30 years of APIL
FULL PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE!*
Delegate packages starting from only £240 + VAT for APIL members
For 2020 and APIL's special 30th anniversary year, we are delighted to be returning to the five star Celtic Manor Resort for APIL's 19th annual residential clinical negligence conference.
The theme for this event is 'Cancer' and over the course of the two days, delegates will hear from leading medical experts and eminent legal practitioners within this area of work.
- To provide an overview of key medical and legal issues in clinical negligence
- To provide an opportunity to listen to medical experts and learn about cases dealing with cancer
- To give the chance to meet and network with relevant clinical negligence practitioners of varying experiences
Cancer: an overview
- Speaker: Professor Justin Stebbing, Professor of Cancer Medicine and Medical Oncology, Imperial College/Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust, Charing Cross Hospital, London
- Speaker: Mr Jeremy Oates, Consultant Urological Surgeon, Christie Hospital, Manchester
The wheat from the chaff-diagnostic delay in primary care
- Speaker: Dr Michael Ingram, GP Medico-Legal Expert, Radlett
- Speaker: Professor Ian Fentiman, Professor of Surgical Oncology, The Harley Street Breast Clinic, London
The role of radiology in cancer diagnosis
- Speaker: Dr Amanda Martin, Lead Radiographer, Royal Bolton Hospital, Bolton
- Speaker: Dr John Smith, Consultant Gynaecological Histopathologist & Cytopathologist, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield
- Speaker: Shaheen Rahman QC, 1 Crown Office Row, London
Head and neck cancer
- Speaker: Mr Laurence Newman, Consultant Surgeon, Head & Neck Unit, The Queen Victoria Hospital., East Grinstead
- Speaker: Mr Alistair Ross, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Bath
- Speaker: Dr Robert Marcus, Consultant Haematologist, 10 Harley Street, London
Establishing causation and loss in cancer cases
- Speakers: Nigel Poole QC, Head of Chambers, Kings Chambers, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham
- Helen Mulholland, Barrister, Kings Chambers, Manchester
Establishing causation in cancer cases - the medical perspective
- Speaker: Professor Pat Price, Clinical Oncologist and Expert Witness, Imperial College, London
Panel session: Hot topical issues
- Panellists to be confirmed
*The residential package includes attendance at both days of the conference; plus single occupancy accommodation at the Celtic Manor Resort and a ticket to the black tie gala dinner on Thursday, 8 October.
Please note that the non-member rates are only available to those who are eligible for APIL membership.