LAST CHANCE TO BOOK
All the very latest on personal injury litigation and caselaw.
"Always enjoy this course - brilliant update and great course material - thank you to the speakers - both brilliant (Spring 2021)"
Our six monthly update is back for the autumn! Written and presented by top expert practitioners, professional presenters and JPIL case digest editors, APIL vice president, Brett Dixon and APIL secretary, John McQuater will teach you everything you need to know in their usual lively and entertaining way.
We are all very excited to be back on the road again and we’re also delighted to offer our Manchester date as a hybrid event, which means that delegates can either choose to attend in person or view the programme virtually, via APIL’s dedicated training app.
Places are very limited at the venues themselves, so please do book early if you would like to attend in person.
Subjects and cases to be covered are as follows:
- Contributory negligence
- Apportionment and overlap with clinical negligence claims
- Highway authorities and ice
- Responsibilities of businesses adjacent to the highway
- Traffic schemes
- Construction sites
- Post Enterprise Act
- Responsibilities of parent companies
- Vicarious liability update
- Religious groups
- Care homes
- Police and dynamic risk assessments
Negligence, public and occupier’s liability update
- Assumption of responsibility
- Tortious liability of local authorities
- Psychiatric harm and secondary victims
- Insurance policies and exclusions of liability
- The latest CPR updates
- Relief from sanctions
- Witnesses and memory
- Recovery from the client and informed consent
- Issue based costs orders and conduct
- Costs budgets and variation
- Part 36
- Dealing with dividends
- Wrongful birth