"A very helpful assessment of a complicated area of law"
This webinar will help practitioners understand how to successfully bring claims for damages for psychiatric injury in the context of clinical negligence.
It will address common misconceptions and examine how to defeat the typical arguments raised by the Defendant.
This webinar, delivered by popular barrister and APIL EC member Richard Baker will cover:
- Examining the control mechanisms for secondary victim claims
- Taylor and Novo and subsequent authorities
- Claims for secondary victims based on witnessing events in hospital
- Claims for primary and secondary victims following obstetric negligence
- Claims for secondary victims following delay in diagnosis
- Unusual types of psychiatric injury claim
- Tips on how to properly plead the case
- What to include within the witness statement
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.