In conjunction with:
People you deal with as PI lawyers are often going through difficult circumstances. They want to know that you care but there are dangers in getting too sucked into emotions, and sometimes you will need to be direct and assertive.
This session will cover:
- Taking ownership of situations and providing reassurance without over-committing.
- Showing that you care whilst remaining professional and avoiding getting too involved.
- Why ‘telling’ people what you want, though occasionally necessary, should not be your default style of influencing.
- Using questions to understand, build empathy and help people see solutions for themselves.
- Dealing with different types of people to ‘get on their wavelength’.
- How best to deal with people who become emotional (upset, frustrated, or angry).
To make this as practical and beneficial as possible, there will be opportunities for you to ask questions, vocally or through the chat function. You may wish to consider in advance what you would like to learn to help you in your role. You can even email questions to the [email protected] in advance if you wish, and these will be sent to the trainer for consideration in the workshop.
This workshop is part of a seven-part series.
Each session can also be viewed as a stand-alone workshop or as part of the series.
Further sessions in the series include:
Developing essential communications skills
Delivering excellent service and achieving client satisfaction under pressure
Managing your time more effectively when working under pressure
Balancing empathy and assertiveness to deal with challenging situations
Developing negotiation skills to manage conflict
Learning from delegated tasks and feedback, for performance & progression
Identifying and managing risks to you and your firm
Special offer for booking the whole series
Book all 7 workshops together and receive a special discount!
Please email [email protected] for details of how to book the full series.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.