Building on the success of ‘Running a brain injury case: the fundamentals’, Neil Sugarman and Matthew Stockwell return with their intermediate course for the aspiring brain injury expert.
Whether looking to build on recent experience or develop new skills, this course will explain how to avoid common pitfalls when investigating causation and quantum issues; how to increase damages on behalf of your brain injured client; how to maximise the potential of rehabilitation; and how to run a profitable caseload.
Supported by comprehensive reference materials, use of practical examples and tactical advice, the course will cover the following topics in detail*:
- Costs budgeting a brain injury case
- How to take full advantage of effective case planning and preparation in brain injury litigation
- The role of the case manager
- Life expectancy
- Mental capacity issues
- How to set up and monitor effective rehabilitation regimes and decide upon the right setting, including the cost/benefit of certain types of provision
- When and how to make best use of provisional damages & PPOs
- How to investigate and present heads of loss successfully, including advice on how to get witness statements and schedules working most effectively for your client
- Giving best advice and support in a family setting, including family therapy and advice on relationship breakdown
- What we learn from the experience of injured clients
Neil and Matthew will also be joined by an Matt Casson of Evolution Costs who is an expert on costs budgeting, and a client who will talk first-hand about their experience following a brain injury.