"Webinars are excellent to keep up to date with current changes, time and money saving"
This webinar picks up on some of the cases from our ever popular PI update series and also reviews how to deal with some of the procedural pitfalls in RTA cases.
Presented by APIL president Brett Dixon this will cover:
- The latest on “use of a vehicle” for the Road Traffic Act
- When will an accident be connected to the use of a vehicle?
- What factors will the court look at?
- What does consistent with it’s normal use mean?
- All of this is important to securing damages for your client and getting paid
- What you can do if you know a vehicle is insured but not the driver
- Do you have to use the MIB untraced drivers scheme?
- Contributory negligence
- What factors will the court look at when considering vulnerable road users
- The latest on ex turpi causa
- How to approach a case where the criminal act is only one of two possible causes of the accident